1. No electric or amplified instruments will be permitted in any category.
2. Contest is for four stringed fiddles only . Contestants will be allowed to complete in one group only.
3. Contestants must not use sheet music in any category
4. There will be no accompaniment allowed.
5. Any Category with less than four entrants may be cancelled or combined
6. Registration is closed when the drawing for positions has started.
7. Scoring will be based on 100 points per each tune or song. Scores will be based on execution , difficulty, dance ability/timing, tone and intonation. Scores from elimination round will be added to final round scores for an overall cumulative score if necessary.
8. In the event of a time a one-tune playoff will be held. Tunes played earlier are not eligible to be played again in this round.
9. One false start per performance will be allowed ( a bad start, wrong beginning of a tune and starting tune other than that intended). Allowance will also be made for a string dropping out of tune or string breaking.
10. Contest organizers reserve the right to change, or modify contest rules prior to the start of the competition. Contest organizers reserve the right to alter the time schedule , order of the categories or number of tunes to be played as needed.
11. Time limit in divisions- Open / Junior - 6 minutes, Junior Junior 4 minutes Fiddlebuds- 3 Minutes
12. Medleys are not allowed , each selection must be a single tune.
13. Playing in such a manner as not to be able to recognize the melody easily will result in lost points.
14. DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES ARE FINAL